The following pertains to an error when using SQL Management Studio
2008: "The server principal "username" is not able to access the
database "some_database_name" under the current security context.
(Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 916)"
This error can be encountered when connecting to a SQL 2008 databases using SQL 2008 Management Studio.
As you may notice, the error message indicates a problem connecting to a
database that you do not own. This is caused by SQL 2008 Management
Studio attempting to query certain system settings that customers do not
have access to.
To resolve this issue do the following:
1. Open SQL Management Studio 2008
2. In Object Explorer, click "Databases"
3. Select View -> Object Explorer Details
4. Right click the column headers
* Size (MB)
* Database Space Used (KB)
* Index Space Used (KB)
* Space Available (KB)
* Default File Group
* Mail Host
6. Right click on Databases and select Refresh