Note: To connect to an MS SQL 2008 database you must use SQL Server Management Studio 2005 SP3 or greater.
Before you attempt to connect, make sure you have created a database in Control Panel.
To connect to your SQL 2008 database using SQL Server Management Studio, follow the steps listed below:
Open SQL Server Management Studio, the Connect to Server window will open. Select/enter the following:
* Server Type: Database Engine
* Server Name: [The SQL server name found in Control Panel]
* Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
* Login: [SQL 2008 Login name]
* Password: [SQL 2008 Password]
Click the Options button. Under connection properties, check the box that reads "Encrypt connection". Under Additional connection parameters, put "TrustServerCertificate=True" in the text box.
Click connect and you will be connected to the SQL 2008 server.