Windows 2008/IIS 7 allows a secure FTP connection via FTP over SSL.
Note that this is not the same as SFTP (FTP via SSH), so you may have
to experiment a bit with your FTP client settings to get a secure
connection. Our tests were successful with the following.
- Click Open Site Manager
- Click the New Site button and name the site
- Fill in the following fields:
- Change the Logon Type to Normal
- Host – Enter FTP address( like ftp.myWindowsHosting.com), which can be found in Control Panel.
- Username – Enter your FTP username.
– Enter the password for this user.
- Change the Server Type to FTPES – FTP over explicit TLS/SSL
- Click Connect
Note: If you receive a generic "could not connect" error, or in
implicit mode see an attempted connection to port 21, you have a
configuration error. Please cut and paste the login information from
Control Panel to make sure you are supplying the proper credentials.
Article ID: 57, Created: July 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Modified: July 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM